Friday, February 12, 2010

Are there any training instructors for remote control airplanes in CA?

I just bought a remote control airplane for my nephew. It's Hobbico Flyzone SkyFly. I would like to sign him up for a class or get him in touch with a club there who could teach him how to use fly the plane. It's a beginner plane but my nephew is only ten so he might need some help from an expert. He lives in San Luis Obispo. Any recommendations? Thank you!Are there any training instructors for remote control airplanes in CA?
Yes. I am not into RC Aircraft, but have been to several fly-ins and seen adverts for instruction. I also know that there is a guy at my primarly hobby store does flight instruction.





Cal Poly has an Aeronautical Engineering department, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some students who'd be willing to help out.





There is also a RC Flying club, the SLO Flyers: http://sloflyers.com/ Their Website might give you some contacts.





Good Luck.Are there any training instructors for remote control airplanes in CA?
look up an AMA site near you most all have instuctors to teach you to fly


http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.鈥?/a>
OK serene, you bought him a plane,. good. i am in new york so my help may be limited. if there is a hobby shop nearby, they may be able to connect you to an RC club. radio control.California is full of RCers. maybe someone from California will answer. he will learn quick, i am sure. his radio probably has two sticks on it. he can turn it on and move them to see which stick moves what. one is for motor speed and other is for elevator and rudder. at least, that is my assumption without seeing it. i am sure you will find someone. wish I could fly again. since you asked before, i have been thinking of getting a small one myself. nothing like being a kid again. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment