Friday, February 12, 2010

Why do we all the media to control our perceptions of beauty?

As I'm sure all of you know, the media has changed the way models and spokespeople are shown to the public. Many are changing their lifestyles to one day, hope that they may look like that. Even kids as young as 10 are starving themselves to ensure they look like people on magazines. My question is:


Why can't we defy ourselves from the chains of the media and live how we want to live, not by following a ';book';?Why do we all the media to control our perceptions of beauty?
America is celebrity obsessed and I hate it. Cosmetic surgeons, once upon a time, would only do surgery on people with deformities or say a really big nose. You had to go thur psychological conversations with the surgeon before he would work on you because of high expectations.





Today it is big boobs, bigger boobs and OMG BOOBS. Lips plumped up, eyelids, and even stuff south of the border. It's insane!





The labels are also a joke. I won't buy or wear anything with a companies name on it unless they would like to pay me to advertise for them. (I do sometimes buy name brand tennis shoes because they are the most comfortable and last.





I want young girls to embrace themselves, who they are and how they look but I don't think it will happen any time soon. Sorry to say. =(





Individuals today who don't ';follow the book'; are the best!
  • pink hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment