Monday, February 8, 2010

What happens if i start taking birth control a week before my period starts?

because my period starts around my birthday and I dont want to be on my period on my birthday. is it safe to delay my period until after my birthday?What happens if i start taking birth control a week before my period starts?
I would talk with your doc. %26amp; not try what your thinking otherwise, use a back up birth control. Your hormones may not cooperate with you, the way you would like.What happens if i start taking birth control a week before my period starts?
It is ok to delay your period, but what you are thinking of won't work. You might want to check with your GYN who can give you pills to take to delay your period. If you are determined to do it with birth control pills, you need to begin them after a period and then don't stop taking them, continue on until it is ok to have a period. If you start a week before your period is due, it will come anyway whether your on the pills or not because you have ovulated and the period is what happens if your not pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment