Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I locate and uninstall ActiveX control on my computer?

I have allowed some websites to either install or run ActiveX control on my computer. I do not remember the websites to whom I have given permission. Now I need to know how to locate and uninstall ActiveX control from my computer.How do I locate and uninstall ActiveX control on my computer?
(1) Get you self a good antivirus or a free one .


(2) If you have not already scanned your comp with spybot do that now .Update it





and then run it so it gets rid of all the spyware and trojans


(3a) Do an online virus scan to check if you still have any other viruses in your





computer. And let us know if the online virus scan still finds any virus or





spyware .








(4) Download hijackthisHow do I locate and uninstall ActiveX control on my computer?
In Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer:


Tools%26gt; Managed Add-Ons %26gt; Enabled or Disable Add-Ons.





Good luck!
Go to Tools, Int,Options, Security, Custom, ActiveX





You probably set website for Track Cookies, That is on Tools, Options, Privacy and Edit, then allow or disallow
Don't remove your ActiveX. It is required by some sites. ActiveX is a tchnology patented by microsoft which allows the user to use Online Virus scanners through using internet Explorer. Its not that bad.
You don't want to uninstall Active X. Active X is required to view many websites and certain scripting language. This isn't a malicious program, it helps your browser communicate with some websites that require this plug-in.





The article below helps you understand Active X
start%26gt;%26gt;control panel%26gt;%26gt;add or remove programs %26gt;%26gt;activX control%26gt;%26gt; remove
  • pink hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment