Monday, February 8, 2010

How long will it take for birth control to take effect?

I am not sexually active, however, I am getting married September 23, 2007. My mom and dad said I need to get on birth control ASAP because it doesn't take effect right away. Considering I have never been sexually active and my parents never gave me any sex education UNTIL I'm getting married, I did not know that it took time.





My mom said she thought it took a month, but said it could take three months. Considering I can't go back in time and start taking birth control (and considering I am NOT changing our wedding date cause we've waited so long already and it's our anniversary), what would be the best solution? I am going to get an appointment for not this coming Wednesday, but the next Wednesday, August 22, which would be pretty much a month before. I can't afford to go to the doctor until then (I get paid the Friday before). I don't have health insurance.





I'm guessing condoms would help, but they can break. We don't need kids right now. Couldn't afford them. Haha.How long will it take for birth control to take effect?
Well it will depend on when your last period was, will depend on how long it will take to kick in. I had my period just before I went to the doctor and started to take my birth control that Sunday after they told me not to have unprotected sex for 2 weeks so I would say about a month. But that is just my case and I have been on it for almost 3 years no babies yet!How long will it take for birth control to take effect?
First WOW





second, I think it is about 2 months or so but I don't know


your best bet would be to go to a Planned Parenthood or a clinic like that in your area they will be able to explain all the different forms of birth control to you and offer discounted prices and in some cases can give you the pills for free so call or visit their website ASAP
Defintlely do Planned Parenthood while you dont have health insurance. If you do the Pill it takes 1month. The Depo shot is 24 hours. But your first one you will need to be on your period. That is the only ones i have used in my time.





Dont change the wedding date, if things get too hectic and you run out of time just use a condom. Its better than an unplanned pregnancy.
Ortho Evera takes a week however i have heard of allot of people getting pregnant on that. I never did and i took it for 2 years.





I believe an IUD is effective immediately and you don't have to worry about it for 6 years and can be taken out of you choose to have kids sooner but that always made me nervous.
  • acne care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment