Friday, February 12, 2010

How do great achiever have high self control ?

I don't control myself , I have realized lately that this is my biggest problem. I can plan to perfection but cant execute it %26amp; that's just because I'm lazy/ I should be saying lack self control.





Any suggestion , how great achiever do it ?How do great achiever have high self control ?
1. give yourself more time to finish something.


2. after awhile, you fail alot. then you just get tired of failing. so you prepare more.


3rd piece of advice: never take too much, and always overestimate the amount of time necessary to complete a project.How do great achiever have high self control ?
Planning to perfection is, in my opinion part of your challenge. No one is perfect and therefore you have set yourself up for failure before you even begin! I don't think it is a matter of laziness (but you know yourself best) but rather being overwhelmed with the enormity of the task that you have already decided needs to be completed in the perfect manner in which you have planned.





I would suggest that you start very small in your plans. For example, if you wanted to lose weight--start by cutting out all sugar foods. Then when you have accomplished that and are comfortable with it (after a few weeks) then cut down on the fatty foods and continue on this process. Now, the kicker is to be kind to yourself because you, in all likelihood, will have a few sugar snacks in the beginning. So you had a sugar snack--let it go--often times people that are trying to achieve a goal with give up when they ';fall off the wagon'; so to speak--as in the example I have provided with the sugar snack.





Mastering self control is a life long process for most people. We all have areas where we tend to have difficulties. The maturation process consists of working on controlling impulses and ergo unwanted behaviours. In my opinion, working on the perfection piece is the first place to begin!
The first and biggest mistake is that the goals your setting yourself seem to need more effort and energy than you willing to put in.





Break up the time line with the goal at the end working backwards with about 10 points, then for each of the points make another list of all the things to be done at or by that point etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment