Friday, February 12, 2010

How long should you be off birth control before ovulation is back to normal?

I have been on BC since my son was born 8 months ago and we are thinking about having a another baby. I want to concieve in Jan feb or may. I need to know how long it will take after I get off my Yaz for my ovulation to get back to normal? I'm trying for a girl so I need to know exact ovulation dates! Thanx so much for the help Girlz!!!!!!How long should you be off birth control before ovulation is back to normal?
Everyone is different. I got off in September (was on for about 6 years) and began ovulating and having periods as normal right after. Some women take months to go back to normal, even after a short time on the pill!





I'd recommend getting off now so that way you can start charting immediately. I don't think that in January or even February you can be completely certain of your ovulation (especially if you're trying the Shettle's method for genders...) but hopefully by May you'll be all set! Just use a condom in the meantime.





Good luck!How long should you be off birth control before ovulation is back to normal?
I went off birth control August 16th and ovulated on September 12th...and then on October 22nd (which is when we conceived baby #2).
If you take it for less than a year, then BCPs usually are out of your system within a month of D/C the pills. Sometimes women are very succeptable to their BCPs and it still interferes with their cycles for a long time. The average is about 3 mos before your cycles are regular.
My doctor told me the average woman conceives 8 months after stopping the pill, but of course it can happen any time before that. She told me she usually recommends that women stop taking the pill when ';it wouldn't be so bad if you got pregnant.'; I would like to start trying for a baby in the spring, so I'll probably stop taking the pill in the next few months.
I was on Yaz for a year. When I finished my last pack I had a period like normal, but then I skipped the first one I should have had without the pills. I had a normal one right on schedule the second month after the pills. I would suggest stopping them at the end of the pack you're on now just to give your body a cycle or two to normalize. Good luck TTC!!!!!!!!
My doctor recommended me being off the pill for at least 3 months for everything to clear out of my system, and for my body to start getting on it's own normal schedule.


Good luck to you!!!


%26lt;%26lt;HUGS%26gt;%26gt; Toni Lynne
I was on Yaz until the middle of August...I ovulated 13 days after taking my last pill and had a period 12 days after that. Since then I have had no problems whatsoever...everyone is different though.

No comments:

Post a Comment