Friday, February 12, 2010

What do you think about male birth control?

I've been reading about a type of birth control pill that's in development now- the man takes it, rather than the woman. As far as I can tell, it's not hormonal. What do you think?What do you think about male birth control?
I think I would rather take mine because I know for sure I've taken it, whereas a man may not have taken his, but tell me he has... I mean if he wants to have sex and it would seem too easy to lie about it, and I really would never take that chance. However it might work for some people I guess, whatever's right for you.





Also someone mentioned the man's excuse being he didn't have a condom, well I carry condoms any responsible adult should, male or female.What do you think about male birth control?
I think it's a great idea and it's only fair. I mean, it would be the least we can do for the privilege, right?
It wouldn't work without steroid-like side effects. This is bad news and is not worth the risk. Suppression of testosterone is suppression of the backbone of society. Mark my words.


What's wrong with the good ol' jimmy hat?
I would never trust a man to take a birth control pill. My husband can't remember what he's doing from one minute to the next!





It sounds like a stupid idea.
It's sure would give women, a peace of mind when it comes to planning a family.
I think it's a great idea! Who wants to see a bunch of pregnant men waddling around?
There is no way I would trust a man with my birth control. I'm the one with the most to lose.
I think it is a very good idea... however I know that I don't always remember to take my lipator... and I don't even know when I do. I only find out how many days I missed when its time to order a refill, usually at least 7 - 8 pills left. (from a 90 day script)
Why not? It is a choice of the couple choosing a form of birth control. Luckily, I don't have those issues.
Do you really think that you would trust a man to remember to take it?
If it's a pill, it has to be hormonal... or some type of drug that is just as strong. I would need to know more about it before I could say what I thought of it.. but I don't like the idea of taking medicine unnecessarily when it can have a real negative impact on your body. I wouldn't want my boyfriend taking it.
think it's wonderful...now men don't have an excuse if they don't have a condom
i think its good cause im a girl but what if you change borfriends and the one takes it but the other doesnt and since you're not you could get pregnant. it's probably good if both take it but the woman shouldn't stop cause it's too big of a risk
Finally ,Thank God!!!
Its about time
Many feminists will oppose it because it takes the advantage away from them. However, I fully support equality in birth control, no more of the ';oops, I forgot to take my pill, hunny'; lies forcing men into fatherhood before they're ready (or, willing).
Besides the technical challenges, it's not particularly viable sociologically. Let me put it this way: if, in the heat of the moment, you become hesitant about having intercourse with a new partner, and he says ';Not to worry, I'm on the pill';, how reliable would you believe this information to be.





Within the context of a stable, loving, equal partnership, male birth control could definitely work, but in all other contexts, women are going to have to continue to protect themselves.
I think is fair that male also use birth control and not only women. Since most of the times women birth control pills have side effects.
It is hormonal and so what? Women have been burdened with that responsibility for 40 years.





I love the comments about how it's still her loss if the woman becomes pregnant. Tell that to the judge, jackass. These are the same guys who will gripe about fathers being denied their rights in custody cases or being forced to pay child support for kids they didn't want.





It isn't EASY for women to remember the pill either. Too bad. If you don't want to pay child support, protect yourself in one way or another or don't complain when reality hits home.





In any case, birth control injections will be available to men soon as well.
yeah i fink thats a really good idea.. us gurls get all the blame for not takiin the pill or been on other forms now some 1 can turn around 2 a male and say 'you should of took your pill' ohh sounds wierd sayin that lool
Definitely a good idea. With both female and male birth control in action, there'd be a backup incase one of them failed.
i never heard of it
Women have been taking the full impact of the risks that are involved with birth control from the start! It seems only matural that the male should take his turn in riskin his life taking birth control!!! What's that o;d saying? ';What's good for the goose is also good for the gander!!!'; I beleive that!!!
Sorry,no pills here. Only pills I take are vitamins and an occasional aspirin.
I think it's great. Anything that gives more individuals the power to take more control over their own reproductive destiny is a good thing.
I think that between menstruation, extreme cramping, pregnancy, and the fact that by the time I stop getting pimples I'll start getting wrinkles.. I think the men should have to take the birth control! And you know what, I hope it does affect his hormones and give him cramps or something because if my boyfriend wants to do it, he should have to sacrifice too!
I think that is awesome!!! But can you trust a guy to actually take it everyday??? I wouldn't. I have to remind my man to do everything so I wouldn't count on him=) If we continued to take birth control and they did I think the pregnancy rate would go down which would be good. I think that if they had a birth control for men that they could take once a month like a shot or something would be cool. On the otherside I think that alot of men might take it. Especially the ones that sleep around. They wouldn't have to worry about the girl calling in a month. LOL It would put them at ease.
I m Dr. Malik. Near me, these pills tht ur talking about is not really good for men for long, cuz this will kind of ';burn out'; men's sperm. I dun prefer this. I'll prefer ya nothin, means ABSTINENCE cuz, CONDOM is so annoying. DAMN IT!!!
its great ........... but better is abstinence........
I think its a horrible horrible idea and you should be ashamed of yourself for asking that question. Cut off my wiener...pshh ya right.
Um. I think that is not normal .. I don't thik males should take a birth control ...well if you say its for the hormonal part then yeah ok i understand but its still kinda weird to me ~ LOL ..hope this answers your question ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment